An unexamined life is not worth living. Socrates

Sabado, Mayo 4, 2013

Free Wi-fi Router

I have been longing to buy a Wi-fi router since last year, and being still unemployed, this was no easy task. When I paid our telephone bill yesterday, I asked the local telephone company how much would a Wi-fi router cost, the cashier said a one time payment of PHP 679 would suffice. Again, being a "freelaner" (my euphemism for unemployed), the amount would be a strain on our household budget so I told myself it has to wait.

When I arrived home I checked out CDR-King's inventory of Wi-fi routers in their website trying to scout for the most reasonably priced model. By far, the cheapest is a WR-NET-018-CC (CW-8096) Wireless-N AP Router with 2dBi Fixed Antenna (150 Mbps) priced at PHP 580. I tried to google the model to find more about the product and came across a Youtube video, of a kid no less, on how to set-up your own home based Wi-fi router without buying a Wi-fi router. Skeptical at first, understandably so since the internet is full of scheming, money inducing, scam proliferating gimmicks, I tried to check the video. Finding it to be somehow legit, being that the video was made, again, by a kid, I tried to follow the instructions and loo and behold, I now have a free Wi-fi router in my house, without the need for an expensive Wi-fi router.

The video is not only short, free from "buy me stuff" or "answer my survey first stuff" but is actually useful. Best of all, I learned that any Windows 7 based laptop or desktop computer with a Wi-fi capability will do the trick. What a day! and what a relief this was even possible. Thanks TechSupportTV1 for a job will done. You really, really made my day.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento