An unexamined life is not worth living. Socrates

Sabado, Setyembre 28, 2013

Was the Best Man in My Friends Wedding

Today is a very exciting day, a good friend and classmate of mine way back in nursing school is getting married. She asked me if I could be the Best Man, as the original Best Man will not be able to make it from Mindanao for the wedding, in as much as I was apprehensive, being that I barely knew her husband, I accepted as I owe her a lot.

Anyway, I had to give a speech, so the wedding coordinator told me. Short may it be, it was to be something meaningful and relevant. Come the big night, I mustered the wits to somehow say the most appropriate things in the least amount of time. I think the crux of what I said was: For the long time I have known the bride, and a short time I have known the groom, one thing is clear, that they both compliment each other both in the similarities they share and in the differences they have.

Glad it was all over, and somehow, I was able to repay back the bride for all I hassled her with. It was a meaningful wedding in that the really important people to the couple were there, except perhaps the bride's uncle, who in a lot of way, served as the bride's father-figure, after losing her own father in a combat fight, her father being a soldier.

Hoping for a blissful and even more successful marriage for the newlyweds!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento